PFW diary: Our top picks from Stella McCartney, Giambattista Valli, Vanessa Bruno, Emanuel Ungaro, Chloé, and Yves Saint Laurent
With a thriving ready-to-wear brand, several collaboration projects on the go, four kids, a dashing hubby (publisher Alasdhair Willis) and an icon for a Dad (Sir Paul!) it’s little wonder we bow down to Stella McCartney. Who doesn’t want to be a Stella girl? She’s effortlessly chic but not perfectly turned out; she is a minimalist but has a playful side; she is confident and a great confidante. In the modeling world a Stella girl looks like Miranda Kerr, Natasha Poly, Natalia Vodianova, or Anja Rubik, fitting given that they all walked in McCartney’s Spring 2012 show. And what a show it was: crisp white jackets with mesh inserts, Baroque-inspired embellishment, a shockwave of royal blue, tunics with side slits (a big theme this week), casual pieces in a graphic wave motif reminiscent of silk pajamas, paisley (welcome back!), one-shouldered dresses, onyx-white clutches, sporty flatforms, and quilted shoulder bags tied in a bow.
Things got even sweeter over at Vanessa Bruno; each attendee found une petite cadeau on their seat: L’Eau, the first perfumed mist by Vanessa Bruno for Biotherm. What was the prezzie over at Giambattista Valli? The front row star power: Margherita Missoni (girl crush alert!), Rachel Zoe, Olivia Palermo, Lee Radziwill (icon alert!), and Jessica Biel just to name a few. Who runs the world? Girls. Here’s what every mover and shaker should be wearing next spring:
– The perfect white suit à la Stella McCartney – You’ll get the job, the house, the man. Trust.
– The flaming red gown with a plunging neckline from Emanuel Ungaro – Wallflowers need not apply.
– The feathery fringed skirt at Giambattista Valli – Smart, driven women always ruffle a few feathers.
– The sporty anorak with grommets at Vanessa Bruno – Just because you’re a leader doesn’t mean you’re not a team player.
– The ornate collarless toppers at Giambattista Valli – For those days when you need a little extra sparkle.
– The slouchy green trousers at Chloé – Casual should always mean camera-ready.
– The gold ankle-wrap shoes at Yves Saint Laurent – Towering over the competition is a must.