Creative Director, FASHION
St. Joseph Media is Canada’s third largest magazine publisher with brands including award-winning titles such as Toronto Life, Torontolife.com, FASHION, fashionmagazine.com, WeddingBells, weddingbells.ca, Canadianfamily.ca, Mariage Quebec, WHERE Canada magazines, and Quill & Quire, quillandquire.com.
The Creative Director is responsible for the conception, design, and on-brand execution of all visual print and digital materials for the FASHION brand. He or she will manage multiple editorial projects and deadlines, and when required, provide conceptual direction on relevant co-branded projects. The Creative Director, in collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief and senior members of the Fashion team, will also direct and conceptualize cover and fashion shoots.
• Oversee the design of the magazine, website and social media platforms
• Attend all cover and fashion shoots
• Manage the art team
• Manage the art-related budget costs
Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
• You have 10+ years of relevant magazine experience
• You’ve been in a senior leadership role for at least three years
• You’re a strategic and conceptual thinker
• You’re a creative problem-solver
• You have a strong understanding of the creative process behind print design, digital design, as well as social and digital brand development
• You’re exceptional at leading projects from concept to completion
• Your sense of design, typography, and photo direction are stylish and modern
• You’re an intelligent leader who provides insightful and inspiring guidance and mentoring to the team
• You have the eye and the ability to put together strong creative freelance teams—from photographers, makeup artists to stylists
• You are adept at creating visual experiences on social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, etc)
• You’re proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 6, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (video editing skills would be an added bonus!)
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills and you’re always professional, courteous, and astute with e-communication
• Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas
• Can understand creative direction based on objectives and execute creative work effectively
• Possess strong communication skills such as: workload issues, project needs and provides status on the progress of work and results
• Ability to communicate effectively with other team members at a senior level
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and deal with ambiguity
• Action oriented and a self-starter who is reliable, full of energy, and enjoys challenges
• Thrive on dreaming up fresh and unique ideas
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com and indicate the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Joseph Media is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Joseph Media is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.