How to Recreate Rihanna’s 2017 Met Gala Makeup for Halloween
Rihanna’s 2017 Met Gala look was undoubtedly one of the best of the evening. Not only did she stick to the “Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between” theme by donning an OTT CDG gown, she also had a killer beauty look to match (obv).
Created by makeup artist Lora Arellano, RiRi’s makeup look consisted of vivid pink blush draped over her cheeks, eyes and temples. The bright hue picked up on the oversized petals on her dress and was bold enough to match the ornateness of the garment.
Now, if you know us, you know we’d take up any opportunity to dress up like our fave bad gal, and with Halloween quickly approaching, we figured it’s the perfect time to recreate this iconic look. And while the gown may be hard to DIY, the makeup isn’t (seriously, we promise). All you really need is some bright pink blush, some highlight and a nice fuchsia lipstick.
Ready to channel your inner RiRi and “Comme all the way through“? Watch the video below to see how makeup artist Katherine Lopez recreated Rihanna’s 2017 Met Gala makeup using the following NYX Cosmetics products:
- HD Studio Photogenic Foundation in Sand Beige
- HD Photogenic Concealer Wand in 6.3
- Strobe of Genius Highlighting Palette
- Proof It! Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer
- Ultimate Shadow Palette in Brights
- Micro Brow Pencil in Espresso
- Wicked Lashes #11
- Lip Primer
- Suede Matte Lip Liner in Copenhagen
- Butter Gloss in Cranberry Biscotti