Meet the L’Oréal Paris Women of Worth 2018 Honourees
L’Oréal Paris announced the recipients of its second annual Canadian Women of Worth program this week. The program honours women who give back by volunteering their time and efforts to humanitarian work.
Each honouree will receive a $10,000 grant for their charity, a trip for two to the Awards Gala in Toronto and marketing support to increase awareness for their charity of choice. This year, the Awards Gala in Toronto will be hosted by L’Oréal Paris spokesperson, Helen Mirren, on International Women’s Day, March 8.
“We are astounded by our 2018 Canadian Women of Worth Honourees and the humanitarian work they champion to help so many people including refugees, homeless, food insecure, cancer patients and autistic adults,” said Milan Mladjenovic, General Manager, L’Oréal Paris in Canada.
“It is our honour and privilege to recognize this year’s exceptional Honourees and help shine a spotlight on their inspirational work on International Women’s Day,” she added.
Take a look at the 2018 Women of Worth Honourees list below:
• Carol Todd, The Amanda Todd Legacy in Port Coquitlam, BC
• Chantal Bernatchez, Association Vergers d’Afrique in Montreal
• Dr. Jane Vermeulen, Vets for Pets in Victoria, BC
• Hazar Mahayni, Syrian Kids Foundation in Montreal
• Lise-Marie Gravel, Autism Without Limits in Montreal
• Lourdes Juan, The Leftovers Foundation in Calgary
• Maike van Niekerk, Katrin’s Karepackage in Halifax
• Stachen Frederick, BrAIDS for AIDS in Toronto
• Subhra Mukherjee, Sai Dham Food Bank in Mississauga
• Victoria Plouffe, Beads of Courage in Calgary