Katy Perry has Daria nail art! Here are 5 other ’90s icons we’d like to see painted on her nails
Katy Perry was in Tokyo yesterday for the Japanese premiere of her film Part of Me and while there she decided to indulge in some incredible nail art. In a very ’90s nostalgia move, Katy Perry had the faces of nine characters from the cult MTV animated series Daria painted on her nails. This unexpected manicure got us thinking of what other ’90s icons we’d like to see Katy Perry try:
1. The ultimate boy band rivalry: Backstreet Boys on one hand and *NSYNC on the other. Conveniently these groups had five members apiece, so there’s no need to fight over whether Justin or Nick get top placement.
2. The cast of Beverly Hills, 90210. Yes, the show that made us long to live in California and be asked out on a date with Dylan— and Katy Perry is the quinessntial California girl. Just make sure you don’t paint two nails beside each other with Brenda and Kelly in the same outfit, Katy! Ouch!
3. Girl Power! The Spice Girls have been on a roll lately, noted by their recent appearance at the Olympics closing ceremony. We can also only assume that Katy Perry is a huge fan—so she should spice up her nails with Ginger, Sporty, Baby, Posh and Scary on one hand, and the Union Jack on the other.
4. Linda, Naomi, Christy, Cindy, and Kate were THE faces of the ’90s. We think Katy Perry can definitely relate to a time when models didn’t “wake up for less than $10,000 a day” and should celebrate this by putting them all on her nails.
5. Yes, Full House was cheesy, but we still watch reruns of it and yesterday the entire cast reunited for the 25th anniversary! Tanner family nail art would be the best way to remember a time before Michelle (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen) was a billionaire and Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin) required an Intervention. Oh, memories.