TIFF 2014: 25 photos of the many, many, many celebs at Soho House last night
“Everyone was at Soho House last night” is something you get used to hearing around the city during TIFF, and last night’s party on party on party didn’t disappoint. The venue played host to the Grey Goose after-parties for five films, which seemed to open the floodgates to virtually every celebrity in town. So much happened in fact, that I don’t even dare recap formally. Here, in no particular order, are six fun things that happened. This list doesn’t even include the fact that Ben Stiller, Naomi Watts, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones, Greta Gerwig, Cedric the Entertainer, Kate Beckinsale and Daniel Bruhl were also there. Life is seriously trippy sometimes.
1. Adam Driver touched me. And by that I mean I purposely and very professionally nuzzled against his back as he exited the post-premiere party for While We’re Young.
2. Cara Delevingne proved herself the ultimate face master. At the Topshop after party for her film The Face of An Angel, she sped rapidly through a range of approximately 50 funny faces while posing for photos with guests.
3. Curb your Enthusiasm’s J.B. Smoove asked Saturday Night Live’s Jay Pharaoh to take a photo of him but I happily offered my services instead. What if Jay was in Kanye mode and went into a rant and then Kanye found out about it and ranted for real?
4. The Haim sisters know how to party. In town for Rdio’s Ellie Goulding concert (the sisters opened her special TIFF set earlier in the day), Estee, Danielle and Alana started a dance party on the pretzel bar floor that continued into the wee hours.
5. Jon Stewart and Michael Moore are both BFFAE with Chris Rock? Both politicos were in high spirits at the after party for his film Top Five.
6. Salma Hayek and Rosario Dawson both posed with a taxidermy deer head.