10 Reasons We Love YouTuber Lilly Singh
Whether she’s extolling her views on Brangelina’s breakup (“not my business”) or imitating her parents reacting to Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda,” YouTube star Lilly Singh is funny AF. With over 1 billion views on her channel, llSuperwomanll, so far, it’s clear that we’re not the only ones who are ROTFL. Here are 10 of the top reasons we love her:
1. She’s Canadian (duh) and hails from Scarborough, Ont. She’s a York University alum, too.
— Lilly Singh (@IISuperwomanII) September 22, 2016
2. Because the majority of her subscribers are women, she spearheaded the #GirlLove campaign, which aims to stop girl-on-girl hate. This means turning jealousy into admiration and abolishing the use of words like slut (cringe).
3. She partnered with Me to We to help raise funds for girls to go to school in Kenya. You can buy her rafiki bracelet here.
Meet my new friends Mercy, Vicky and Paris. Just met these intelligent, compassionate and kind girls at Kisaruni school in Kenya. They greeted me with such hospitality and it warmed my heart in new ways. Deep down we all KNOW that education is important but it’s a completely different power when you SEE the difference education can make first hand. These are the future doctors, journalists and lawyers of Kenya. Also, I’ve never met anyone who learned the #TeamSuper handshake so fast. Talk about #SquadGoals ❤️🙏🏽👯 thank you @metowe for this experience and all that you do. I’m so proud! #We #GirlLove
4. Lilly’s got serious steez. Whether she’s rocking a Simpsons’ sweatshirt or dressing up for the red carpet, she has an easygoing, humorous style. We especially love when she wears fellow Canadian designers, such as Hayley Elsaesser, on the red carpet.
5. The girl knows how to rock a red lip like no other—and she has her own signature shade of Smashbox Always on Matte Lipstick, which she called “Bawse.” It’s a universal red, too, which is so apropos, given that she’s all about equality among women—why shouldn’t we all be able to rock that hue like she does?
6. She has even made her way onto the big screen, making a cameo in Bad Moms.
7. And Michelle Obama made a cameo in one of her upcoming videos about #GirlLove.
Boss Michelle Obama, Purse so heavy gettin’ Oprah dollas • Such an honour spending time with @michelleobama and discussing education and #GirlLove. The First Lady has a wonderful energy that is humble, passionate and fun. We even sang a little @beyonce together • New video featuring the First Lady on my channel in about two weeks. Stay tuned and follow @spreadgirllove for updates 🙏🏽❤️ #ReachHigher #FLOTUS
8. Did we mention that her skits about her Indian parents are hilar—especially this one.
9. Because unicorns are her spirit animal—just like pretty much every other little girl out there RN. So, what she’s telling us is to embrace our inner child, which is just how we like it.
10. #HairGoals. She might not flaunt her mane, but we would if we had her luscious, thick hair.