Here’s What Happened When Blac Chyna Took Rob Kardashian to Court
Justice has been served—sort of.
Blac Chyna has been granted a temporary restraining order against Rob Kardashian. (*Que applauding crowds of women*)
The TRO comes one week after the exes’ relationship feud became an international trending topic. It all started with Kardashian going on a very explicit, very public revenge rant on social media; and then ended with feminists raging against the “sock designer” for slut-shaming his former fiancé. (Quotes used to emphasize lame-ness. He really is a sock designer.)
Rob shared his side of the story via graphic photos, private videos, and screenshot messages. Chyna, however, is taking a more judicious approach. Prior to her Monday morning court appearance, Chyna sat down with ABC News to talk about how last week’s events are affecting her.
“I was devastated, of course,” Chyna said of having her intimate images shared without her consent. “How could somebody post these pictures of me? This is a person that I trusted. I felt betrayed.”
Chyna says this is an issue of respect, and of women’s rights. “The moral of the story is,” she said, “he doesn’t respect me, so if you can’t respect me, you have to respect the law.”
Chyna’s lawyer, Lisa Bloom, joined her at the interview. Bloom took to Twitter to publicly share her reasons to representing Chyna in court.
Here is my statement on why I am representing Blac Chyna in this important fight in women’s rights. pic.twitter.com/hZO4UV894X
— Lisa Bloom (@LisaBloom) July 7, 2017
“Her body, her choice. Her life, her choice. Back off,” the statement reads. After the court hearing, Bloom had this to say:
Total and complete court victory this morning. We worked hard on this all weekend. Revenge porn is domestic abuse. https://t.co/OK91xV1f10
— Lisa Bloom (@LisaBloom) July 10, 2017
Kardashian was represented by Robert Shapiro, whose name you may recall from O.J. Simpson’s defence team. Outside of court, the 74-year-old attorney addressed the media: “I, personally, on Mr. Kardahsian’s behalf apologized and offered our regrets as to what happened in the past couple of days,” Shapiro said. “Now we move forward to do one thing and one thing only, what ever is in the best interest of the child.”
The temporary restraining order does not cover the former couple’s 8-month-old daughter, Dream Kardashian, whose nanny will drop her off between parents. This does not mean Dream will be excluded from future hearings in the case, the next of which has been set for August 8.
We’re sure we’ll hear something from one of these two before then… just hopefully not on Instagram, (or Twitter; Snapchat; Google Plus; MySpace etc.)