The first full trailer for The Hunger Games is here. Watch it now!
Edward who? The just-released full trailer for The Hunger Games has us totally forgetting about that other epic young adult obsession in theatres this week—can it please be March 23rd now? While the dystopian world of Katniss, Prim, Peeta, and Gale looks a little bit different than we imagined (the forest seems more Jurassic Park than post-apocalyptic) the action and emotion of the books is all there. Here are the other reasons we’re replaying it over and over:
1) Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket. Her pink makeup, pink power suit, and pink hairpiece offer a glimpse into the total cabaret of costumes we’ll see on all the characters from the Capitol.
2) Nail addicts, get excited: pause the trailer at 0:47 for a blurry look at what’s sure to be one of the many interesting manicures throughout the film.
3) Stanley Tucci in a blue hair bouffant as the charismatic TV host Caesar Flickerman.
4) Actually, all the hair! There’s a definite Cirque du Soleil vibe throughout, especially with facial-hair grooming.
5) The Katniss, Peeta, and Gale love triangle! (That is, Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth.) If you’ve read the books you likely already have your pick (ahem, team Peeta) but it looks like the movie has more than a few scenes that will try to change our minds.