Like Kim Kardashian, You Too Can Throw a Sound Bathing and CBD-Themed Baby Shower
Because more parties should have meditation sessions.
When being influenced by a Kardashian, one must always tread with extreme caution. Waist trainers and fit teas? Both can have a serious effect on your health. Fulani braids? That’s cultural appropriation. Bike shorts? Yes, they’re comfortable, but you probably won’t look like a Kardashian when you’re wearing them.
When it comes to parties, however, we can all safely look to Calabasas for inspiration. Go-to Kardashian party-planner Mindy Weiss is the wonder woman behind just about every enviable family affair, including Stormi’s “Stormi World” birthday circus, Kris Jenner’s annual Christmas bash and Kim Karadashian-West’s most recent baby shower, a CBD-themed soiree that took place this past weekend.
To celebrate her soon-to-be-born baby boy, Kardashian-West took a surprisingly chill (and very un-Kardashian) approach. “Because I’m freaking out, and the baby is coming in two weeks, I thought what better way than to celebrate with a little CBD,” she explained to her crowd of yoga mat perched guests, which included Chrissy Teigen, Paris Hilton and Jenn Atkin. “I thought it was kind of ridiculous to have a fourth baby shower—but I thought I’m freaking the fuck out having a fourth kid. So everyone have a puff and put on some oil,” she added.
View this post on Instagram
We don’t see it often, but zen vibes make a lot of sense for a baby shower. (Since giving birth and raising a child is, ugh, seemingly un-zen.) That said, the jury’s still out on whether women should or shouldn’t make use of CBD products during pregnancy. More and more mothers are turning to the therapeutic benefits CBD, a non-psychoactive component of either a marijuana or hemp plant, to relieve nausea and pain during pregnancy. Most doctors, however, would hesitate to recommend CBD to expecting mothers due to the limited body of existing research. But in this instance, none of this really matter: Kardashian-West’s forthcoming child is being carried by a surrogate.
View this post on Instagram
Swiping through those Instagram stories, you may be experiencing a sudden urge to have a child for the simple reason of replicating this baby shower. The good news is, this same theme works for just about any female-filled occasion: birthday parties, going away parties, wedding parties, dinner parties, tea parties. If you’re throwing a party, you can introduce some of these same lush activities, decor and DIY stations. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A remote plot of perfectly manicured land. (A backyard or local park should do.)
- Yoga mats. (You can probably tell your friends to bring their own.)
- Someone to create a sound bath. (If you can’t find someone on Craigslist, try reaching out to a local yoga studio who offers meditation. They might be able to hook you up.)
- A make-your-own CBD-infused bath salts and body oils station. (Provide oils, flower petals, lavender, salt etc. and let your guests do the rest.)
- Floral arrangements that mix rustic wildflowers with cannabis plants. (I’m not actually sure where you can buy one of those — I think you’ll have to grow one yourself.)
- Take-home Yeezy slides. (Please don’t spend $200 on flip flops, any slipper will do.)