corinne and demario

Corinne Olympios Responds to Bachelor in Paradise Scandal, Says She is a ‘Victim’

Update — June 15, 2017: Corinne Olympios has released an official statement to E! News regarding the Bachelor in Paradise scandal.

“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the night of June 4,” the 24-year-old told E!. “Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”

She continued, “As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney [top Hollywood lawyer Marty Singer] to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”

Following Olympios’ response, DeMario Jackson released his own statement to People.

“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” said the 30-year-old. “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”

Update — June 12, 2017: According to TMZ, Olympios claims she was in a “blackout state,” and therefore did not consent to the sexual interaction with Jackson. Reality Steve has also deleted his tweets which referred to Corinne and DeMario as the cast members in question, after media reports surfaced of a crime being committed. He does confirm, however, that season four of Bachelor in Paradise is not happening. 

Original story below.

Bachelor in Paradise always promises a ton of entertaining drama and messiness, but season four of the Bachelor/ette spinoff has just taken a serious turn.

Filming for the new season, which takes place in Mexico, has been temporarily halted due to alleged “misconduct” questioning consent, which many believe involves Bachelor season 21 contestant, Corinne Olympios, and recent Bachelorette castoff, DeMario Jackson.

“We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico,” said Warner Bros. in a statement on Sunday. “We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”

According to People, a producer allegedly witnessed a drunken sexual encounter between two cast members (not identified by the publication’s source) during the first week of filming.

“It’s an incredibly difficult and complicated situation, primarily involving two contestants,” the source told People. “The show absolutely values the primacy of consent, and this instance it appears as though conduct allegedly occurred without the proper consent having been given. There are still a lot of unanswered questions, and a lot of people who need a chance to tell their stories fully, and the producers and the authorities will make sure they are given every opportunity to do so. Most of all, everyone wants to ensure the safety and well-being, both mentally and physically, of all parties involved.”

Los Angeles Times film writer, Amy Kaufman, and Bachelor blogger, Reality Steve (Steve Carbone), revealed via Twitter the cast members involved were, indeed, Olympios and Jackson.

“On the first day of production, Sunday, DeMario and Corinne got extremely drunk, per my source,” tweeted Kaufman. “They proceeded to the pool, where they got naked. From this point forward things turned into ‘soft core porn.’ They did not have sex. But it was very raunchy.”

“The following day, Monday, a producer who witnessed this hook-up did not show up to work,” Kaufman continued. “According to my source, this producer went on to sue the production for misconduct over what she witnessed between DeMario and Corinne. DeMario and Corinne were both shown footage of their hookup during their interviews in the days following their rendezvous. My source was told a producer filed a ‘third party complaint,’ to clarify my above comment.”

According to Reality Steve, the show has been cancelled due to the investigation.

“They’re done. Everyone’s being sent home… Details are still sketchy, but this is not a good situation,” he tweeted. “From what I was told, no one involved was hurt. Production had to stop, the show is basically cancelled & there’s an investigation going on. Don’t know all the details. Hopefully for all parties involved it gets resolved. But certainly doesn’t look like BIP is happening.”

More details of the incident were revealed by TMZ, who say they were told DeMario’s version of the events from people he spoke to.

“DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios were told by producers one of the story lines would be the two of them hooking up … especially entertaining because both are considered villains from previous shows,” reports TMZ. “We’re told the two met at the bar and the alcohol was flowing. DeMario says Corinne jumped in his lap and started making out with him.

“We’re told there was lots of ‘intense rubbing.’ DeMario says Corinne then suggested they retreat to the pool, with the cameras rolling. They took off their clothes, started making out and ‘rubbing, touching and fingering.’

“He says she put her genitals in his face and he began licking, but we’re told this allegation is a big point of contention and others disagree with his account. He says he was not able to engage in intercourse because of the alcohol.

“DeMario says the next day everything was fine and he and Corrine were actually getting along well, but on Tuesday they were called in by the Executive Producer and told one of the show producers had seen the film and was ‘uncomfortable’ with what was shot.”

The remainder of season four’s cast has already departed the Sayulita, Mexico resort, and were flown to Houston, Texas. Fans of the show spotted cast members at the airport in Mexico.

Bachelor in Paradise was set to premiere on August 8 on ABC, but as of now, we’ll have to wait and see what happens.